Saturday 6 April 2013

Oz: The Great and Powerful ~ REVIEW!

I wrote a few days ago about how excited I was to go and see Oz, and on Wednesday evening I went with two of my best friends (using Orange wednesdays of course!) and saw Oz in 3D! It was great.
In the cinema with our Harry Potter 3D glasses on!
I'll try not to spoil the plot for those of you considering going and seeing it!

Firstly, the decision to see it in 3D was definitely a good one! The scenery is spectacular and once you enter the land of 'Oz', the colours and effects are so vivid that 3D just makes you feel as if you are there with them! For not much of an extra cost, I'd recommend it if you can :)

James Franco plays the lead who (as you see in the adverts) plays the young circus magician who finds himself swept (quite literally!) into the land of Oz. Wow. May I just say (apologies to any males reading this!) he was looking prettty fineeee ;) but looks aside, I think he does an amazing job of portraying the slightly arrogant, yet good-hearted character. 

Mila Kunis plays the character Theodora, another leading role, and with her elegance, beauty and innocence, you can't help but love her character from the start and be intrigued by her role in what is to come.
Other great characters include Evanora, Theodora's first mystical sister, Finley, an adorably loveable flying monkey and Glinda, the third of the three sisters!

For those of you, like myself, who have seen the original Wizard of Oz numerous times, you can't help but try and piece together who's who and what their role will be as the film progresses! As 'Oz' is the prequel to the Wizard of Oz, we know that this film lays down the foundations for the story, but with all the exciting twists and turns, I doubt you will be able to guess the plot or who's who until it's revealed!

My favourite character was this little one!
The film has a spectacular finale with lots of unexpected revelations and I can assure you that there are a few emotional scenes, as well as a fair bit of humour and a couple of jumping-in-your-seats moments!

So I've rambled on a little bit so hopefully those of you still reading were hoping for a good review! Let me know your thoughts on the film if you've already seen it!



No comments:

Post a Comment