Thursday 18 April 2013

My Favourite Childhood Films!

Ever since I was very young, I have always loved watching movies! So although I was going to write a post about my all-time favourite movies today, I thought I'd write a little list of my favourite childhood films! 
Firstly, these films are ones that I watched to death when I was younger and were my absolute favourites from a very young age!

1. Matilda

This film was legendary. I must've watched it dozens of times and to this day I love it so much! For those of you that haven't seen it (shock horror), it's all about a girl who discovers she is very "different" and in fact, magic. It's soooo adorable and just an all-round great film. A classic for me :)
2. Jumanji

Some of you may not have heard of this film but I was a liiiittle obsessed with it when I was younger! Robin Williams is the main character and the storyline is basically about a board game which comes to life! We're talking giant insects, zoo animals in the house, crazy villains and so on! Such a funny film and for some reason one of my repeat-watches as a kid! I actually haven't seen this film in years so I must re-watch it asap!


3. Bambi


Oh my gosh, I really don't think this movie needs an introuduction! asdfghjkl. One of my all-time favourite disney movies (I was a traditional kid!) and for anyone who loves disney, but hasn't seen all the classics, I would definitely recommend this heart-felt and pure-quality movie!


4. Mary Poppins

Another classic, another childhood favourite! I used to watch this movie pretty much every time I visited my grandparents' house and I just love it! I still really enjoy watching this movie, not just for sentimental reasons, but because it's just hilarious and sooo disney! Magic, adventure, comedy, singing- what more can you ask for?!


5. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

I honestly don't know how popular this film is with people of my generation but I absolutely loved this one! I'm seeing a pattern here of old classics so I guess I was a pretty traditional kid! I couldn't even tell you how many times I must've seen this film, but let's just say I know all the song lyrics still ;) Again, if you haven't seen it, the film is all about a man named Mr Potts who invents an amazing car and the family go on an adventure to a far-off land! It's a really imaginative story and makes you feel all fuzzy and warm inside! :')


6. James and the Giant Peach

I feel like this was one of my most-watched films as a kid and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have never seen/heard of this film adaptation of the classic Roald Dahl book! This. Film. Is. Brilliant. It's actually kinda scary in terms of child films, but really exciting and another one where you have to use your imagination a little bit! The film starts off with real actors but actually develops into a cool animation. It's hard to describe it, but I would say it's a must-see :)


I really hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favourite childhood films! Trust me, there are maaaany more but these were the most prominent ones for me :) Please feel free to comment what your favourite childhood movies were- I'd love to hear whether you agree or have new suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment